If you’re looking for the top technology startup blogs in India, this list contains the top blogs that cover startups, investment and Digital business news. The Technology Startup scene in India has never been better with exciting new tech startups opening for business each day.
These blogs not only cover topics about fresh technology startups and entrepreneurs but are also very active in providing investment updates, news analysis, product reviews and insightful editorials on digital business in India. Also, the updates on these blogs are mostly real time where most articles being published almost immediately once a breaking news emerges, thereby allowing you to be very up-to date with the movements in the tech startup world.
List of Technology Startup Blogs in India
I personally believe that these five blogs are going to be the leaders in this segment for 2015 and will be most read technology startup blogs in India this year.
- NextBigWhat: Founded by Ashish Sinha as Pluggd.in, and later renamed to NextBigWhat, is one of India’s most reliable and noted tech startup blog. Started in 2009, NextBigWhat remains one of the largest and most popular blogs that tech enthusiasts follow to keep abreast with the thriving technology startup culture in India. Prior to starting NextBigWhat, Ashish worked as a Product Manager at Yahoo India.
- TechCircle: Launched in February 2011, Techcircle was dedicated to write about India’s technology startup scene, including the people behind the companies, innovations, products, strategies and startup financing. As a news outlet, TechCircle is often ahead of the other blogs in releasing funding news. In March 2015, News Corp announced the acquisition of VCCircle Network which includes TechCircle.
- YourStory: Founded in 2008 by Shradha Sharma, with the aim of championing the spirit of entrepreneurship in India. Along with tech startup news, YourStory also features many startup profiles and entrepreneurs thereby giving them the much needed visibility – much like its counterpart NextBigWhat does. Shradha was working as the AVP of CNBC TV18 before starting YourStory.
- Trak.in: This blog has been started by Arun Prabhudesai, who was an IT professional who worked out of the United States. He started Trak.in in 2007 and the blog has grown manifold since. It is currently a multi-author blog that dabbles into latest Indian Business and Startup news, Technology and Web 2.0.
- Iamwire: Iamwire primarily provides investment updates, technology news and analysis. While primarily focused on the Indian startup landscape, they also provide many updates on tech startups operating off-shore. It is founded by Sugandh Dhawan and Abhinav Dinesh Garg.
Most of these blogs have grown tremendously over the last 5 years. Now they have many self-hosted events that include many imminent personalities from the startup world such as the Flipkart founders, RedBus founders as well as many prominent investors who talk at these events. Also, NextBigWhat and YourStory work to provide a platform for startup entrepreneurs to connect with future investors by pitching their ideas at networking and business plan events. Thus, while these blogs have grown, they have also given a lot back to the startup community in terms of visibility for budding businesses.
If you haven’t followed any of the blogs above, I encourage you to explore some of these top technology startup blogs in India that consistently deliver real time funding news, startup tips, editorials and news analysis for technology startup enthusiasts.